Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Setting up linksys router for Tataindicom Connection

I am bored of getting wired to my laptop. So i decided to get a wifi router. I got a linksys router. Configuring is just so simple. It comes with a CD and you can just follow the instruction. But what I am listing out is some issues which you could find while configuring internet.

Listing out the steps in short,

i) Plug the Ethernet cable from your broadband Internet provider into the port labeled "Internet"
ii) Plug another Ethernet cable which comes with router into one of the available ports
iii) Plug the other end of that same cable into an Ethernet port on your laptop.
iv) Instead of following the cd you can directly use internet explorer and type http://192.168.1.1
v) Select Lan for Tataindicom connection and setup the security, select wireless and choose WAP. Select a password of your choice. You should be using the same password to connect it to the wireless connection.
vi) If you are getting Acquiring Network Connection indefinitely issues would be a) Your password given could be wrong while trying to connect
b) You might not have selected obtain Ip Address automatically from internet properties

Let me know if you face any issues doing this. Happy Wirefree browsing.

1 comment:

paul said...

Hi Dhanesh,

Can u please help me to set up a Cisco-Linkys E900 router(Wireless N300 router) for Tataindicom broadband WiMax connection

Bought a new router and i am trying to work om this for past 2 days..Please help me

Can u please email me : paulmgeo@gmail.com..

Please help em urgently